The perfect make-up – start with the base
Make-up base is cosmetic camouflaging hyperpigmentation and skin imperfections like none other, it also makes skin perfectly smooth and the entire make-up is extremely long-lasting. It is not used just for special occasions as it can come handy also for daily make-up. Learn all about make-up base properties and how to choose the right one for your skin type.
Make-up base (also called primer) is a product applied to the skin to extend the durability of make-up and to prepare skin for following it make-up cosmetics. The make-up looks way better in every type of light.
Make-up base – pros
- absorbs excess sebum
- makes cosmetics application easier
- improves suppleness
- soothes irritations
- improves skin appearance and camouflages wrinkles
- extends make-up wear time.
Make-up base – types
- Silicone make-up base. It is recommended for dry and mature skin.
- Oil make-up base – creates a layer on the skin to which foundation sticks to.
Natural oil can be added to the foundation to dilute it and make application easier. It works great with lightweight or dry mineral foundations.
- Glycerine make-up base – perfect for water-based foundation, but can make the mineral foundation to cake.
- Gel make-up base. It is quite light, leaves no greasy layer on the skin, camouflages pores and smoothes out skin. It has occlusive and moisturizing properties. You can use it with a long-lasting or mineral foundation. It is a perfect product for people with oily skin – inhibits sebum secretion.
- Mattifying make-up base. The main ingredient in this base is talc or aluminum. It makes pores less apparent, absorbs sebum, it is not as occlusive as silicone base. Unfortunately, this type of base is not very convenient to apply and requires a certain level of skill. It is a make-up base fo people with oily skin type.
- Make-up base with silica. Valued for its mattifying properties. Makes skin perfectly smooth and camouflages imperfections.
You should know it!
People with serious skin issues should choose a mattifying make-up base. It is because a pure silica base can cause dryness so it is best to combine it with light foundations.
Most make-up bases are based on silicone. These are occlusive so create an impenetrable layer on the skin which can lead to clogging the pores and bacteria proliferation. This make-up base type is not removable with water – it is best to use oil-based make-up removers or natural oils. It is better not to put a waterproof foundation on top of a silicone base because it already has silicone in its composition.
Color make-up base – how to choose the right color for your skin needs?
Coloring and highlighting make-up bases are one of the most popular in the beauty industry. Their function is to smooth out the skin, but also to camouflage red spots, dark circles under eyes or hyperpigmentations.
- Purple base – neutralizes yellow shades, e.g. unhealthy skin complexion.
- Green base – neutralizes red hyperpigmentations and spots.
- Light green (mint) base – neutralizes the color of spider veins.
- Peach base – makes dull and pale skin appear more radiant.
- Apricot base – perfect for under-eye circles.
- Blue base – evens out skin redness.
- White base – highlights and evens skin complexion.
Leave a Reply